<VV> Need garage ideas (no Corvair)

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 18:15:39 EDT 2007

Yeah, what he said!! Although, I am less of a stickler for covered lights.
The cost of present day T8 fluorescent shop lights is quite low, and covered
ones are a LOT more money, alas..  I do like the idea of wall mounted  fixtures
(which should be covered!) for body work, brakes, etc. Use the GOOD  tubes,
the difference in lighting quality is WELL worth it, and since you'll be
buying a case anyway... Here's the ones I am using:
_F32T8/ADV835/ALTO  - 139881_
(http://www.bulbs.com/eSpec.aspx?ID=12788&Ref=T-8+Linear&RefId=58&Ref2=Fluorescent+Bulbs)
They were cheaper when I did my place. Anyhow, get tubes with a CRI of over
80, and a color temperature of  3500K.
I also have a relay over the light switch operated by the lamp sockets in
the garage door openers! FAR more welcome to come home to on a dark evening.
Obviously, I am big on REALLY good lighting.

I have Clopay doors, and they are great. over 2" thick, full of styrofoam.
My heat pump works a LOT better with these than the old wooden contractor
specials.

In a message dated 8/6/2007 5:56:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,