<VV> Carb filter stones / power loss update.

David George dgeorge at heritage-consultants.com
Wed Aug 8 17:42:43 EDT 2007

Thanks to all who responded to my post on carb filters. Though lacking my toolset today, I was able to pull the inline fuel filter (clean), check lines under car (looked good, no crack or kinks), and visually inspect that the fuel pump was not loose or leaking gas, but still had the power loss problem. So for kicks, I disconnected the choke pull offs, plugged the vacuum lines, and hit the carbs with some carb cleaner. Took her for a ride and wholly crap what a difference. Car ran like a top and has a ton of power now, more than before the problem began! Ironically, I had already ordered replacement pull offs just to have in my kit. Looks like they will be changed this weekend (along with plug wires and coil) and back on the road (hopefully)! My three year old will be excited; he loves the car, especially with the top down. Thanks again to everyone for their advice. Having a group you can turn to really helps you to think about the issues with clarity!

Dave
Newington, CT