<VV> Detriot Convention

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Thu Aug 9 12:18:00 EDT 2007

   Actually, I think someone did............   My theory why there are
few complaints about Detroit - The weather was pretty nice. It was
cooler than  Oregon was when I left. The weather plays a HUGE part in
people's  temperment and how they view every little thing.

Second, because this was in the midwest, there was lots of room for
trailors and motorhomes (the growing convention problem that gets worse
every year) and it seems that was one of the main complaints at Buffalo
last year. This is a serious issue that will only get worse. Land space
in most areas of the country is getting very expensive. Should we only
hold conventions where land is cheap?

In addition, there was the usally high priced host hotel (unavoidable)
but the immediate vicinity had many cheaper hotels, plenty of
restaurants to choose from etc. This makes a big difference too.

Did I mention the great job the host club did of putting it on? No I
didn't because sometimes that's not enough. Of course it matters if a
club did thier job well, but I have seen conventions where the club did
a stellar job and had the above factors workign against them and there
were many angry convention goers. A "good" convention is the sum of many
factors, including some that the best club, cannot fully mitigate.   Lon

Western Corsa Director