<VV> Convention Woes??????

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Thu Aug 9 14:25:57 EDT 2007

There are those who think you should never complain about anything ever and there are those who think we learn from our mistakes and so they should be put forward.  Just because Matt never had a problem at a convention doesn't mean no one did and that those problems shouldn't be discussed.  We do have to keep in mind though that the people doing the work at these conventions are all unpaid volunteers and need to be cut some slack and to be thanked for their efforts.  I've heard convention workers talk about people getting mad at them for registration snafus and the like.  I don't like it when things get screwed up but I'm certainly not going to take it out on the poor sap who got stuck working behind the table.  At the same time, if it really was a problem that could be avoided in the future, it should be talked about, not swept under the rug and ignored.

My 2cents.  Keep the change.

mikeH