<VV> question about my question marks (No Corvair)

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 9 14:45:09 EDT 2007

That's the REAL problem in a nutshell. All the people who either can't
figure out how to set their machine for sending ONLY plain text, and/or the
idiot techies who think it's "cool" to send out fancy crap just to show
off. As one wise man once put it, "Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity!"

I'm personally annoyed at people who constantly have to "fix" something,
despite the fact that it ain't broke, just so that they can have something
that's out "fancies" the other techies. In the process, they arrogantly
ignore the users of simpler hard and software, often cutting off those
people's machines' ability to function.

I don't need all that fancy crap. Call me a fuddy duddy, but to "update"
something that works just fine is plain unnecessary stupidity.

-Mark

instead of plain text, and then reading it with a plain text email reader.
Most email programs let you set that preference.

> Another thing the online forum formats do better than email lists.  (just
an observation, not trying to stir anything up)