<VV> CLUB WEBSITE VALUE - my 2 cents

Rod Murray rmurray at anaheimducks.com
Thu Aug 9 16:23:09 EDT 2007

Ned Madsen says..."I would like to see more CORSA chapters take
advantage of the available space on the server for web sites. We have
found this tool to be great for attracting new members. As a carrot, I'd
like to see CORSA award for the best web sites."

Count me in bigtime on this one...i'll admit keeping our club site fresh
and timely takes some effort, but it's not unreasonably time-consuming.
For me personally, it's fun and I believe our sites should be too (btw
you should see the "alternate" headshots I'm using for members who have
not yet submitted one - they were warned in advance).  i've said it
before and I'll say it again, If you wanna grow, you gotta get outside
the box...I'm a marketing guy, and our vintage corsa website gets great
traffic, is a tremendous promotions tool, and is helping us generate new
memberships w/ a whole new group of enthusiasts - all key factors to
sustaining on-going awareness and interest in the corvair marque'.

Rebuttals welcome! :)

Rod murray
Vintage corsa webmaster  www.vintagecorsa.com
66 monza 140/4 convt