Donations, was: <VV> Re: Questions

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 9 23:15:36 EDT 2007

Here's a thought I have had for a while, since we're on this kind of
subject.

Question: What's with the scholarship and racing funds? Think about it.
Here we are giving away money to a small group of people. Meanwhile, the
general club, museum operating, and endowment funds need money. So one
might ask if the scholarship and racing funds siphon money away from the
general club, museum operating, and endowment funds. Granted, much of that
money when given is earmarked for those funds, but doesn't that ultimately
cut into members' capability to make other donations? The gist of this is
that maybe we need to rethink the purpose of these extraneous funds that
serve only a small percentage of the membership, in favor of those which
serve the entire membership. A point to discuss.......

-Mar