<VV> Questions

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 12:49:03 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/10/2007 7:52:04 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
vairologist at verizon.net writes:

Smitty  Says :  Denny P reminded me that in those questions the author had
given  credit for The Corvair Basics to Bob Helt.  If I remember right it was
Hank Kazcmarek who pushed for and gathered the information to make that
publication while Bob was the proof reader.

You would be totally wrong with your remebrance there, buddy. Hank only was
involved with the original idea. That was all. He did no pushing as you put
it.  In fact, he declined to ever do a proofing of the final version. When I
took  over there wasn't even a list of potential contributors. I  had to  start
from scratch to get volunteers, push them on their commitments, and edit  their
work so as to make an acceptable book that read the same and was detailed  to
the same depth. I also had to write several chapters myself when I could find
 no volunteers to do them. Others did the proofing.
Regards,
Bob Helt