<VV> Re: Econorun safety - VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 31, Issue 51

Harry Jensen, CORSA Executive Secretary corsa at corvair.org
Fri Aug 10 13:03:28 EDT 2007

Hiya--

At 11:35 AM 8/10/2007, Roy wrote:
>Not being familiar with the rules of the econorun, I would suggest the
>following.

The Economy Run rules are on our site, like all the rest of the event
rules. See:

http://www.corvair.org/csaforms.php

>1. Give everyone a copy of the rules so they know what will be acceptable
>and what is out of bounds.

All competitors are given copies of the rules for the events they compete in.

>2. Set a time limit to reflect real average legal road speeds. This should
>solve the coasting problem to some extent. It is now a low pressure TSD
>Rally with fuel economy as the method of awarding trophies.

There **are time** limits. Someone mentioned Flagstaff. Close to 30% of the
economy run field was disqualified for being over the time limit in
Flagstaff. It was quite a contraversy at the time, as many of those
disqualified were high profile Cole competitors.

--H