<VV> econo runs/safety/tire pressures

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 14:32:52 EDT 2007

<As far as tire pressures go, I'm
not aware of anyone having a problem blowing out their tires from excessive
pressure. >

Blow-outs aren't what concern me.  I'm anticipating the situation where
econorun participant has his Corvair shod with temporary spares (a.k.a. donuts) on
all 4 wheels inflated to 60-some psi (don't laugh; it's been done).  J. Q.
Public, looking to merge into traffic, makes a split second decision thinking; "I
don't wanna get stuck behind that old car.  Look how slow it's going!" and
pulls out right in front Mr. Corvair.  Mr. Corvair feels he has no choice but to
slam on the brakes and/or swerve to avoid hitting J.Q. Public.  How will the
Corvair react to this emergency maneuver with the tires in question?

~Bill Stanley