<VV> Econo rules

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Fri Aug 10 15:29:32 EDT 2007

Assumptions are interesting critters.  Everytime some one mentions running an econorun on donut spares I think of my friend Phil Nelson in "Fast Orange" at the Carlisle convention in 2003.  He purchased 4 donut spares, removed the temp tires from the wheels and then mounted some new 165x15 radial tires on them.  Used this setup with a set of Moon discs for the econorun.  BTW 165 is a wider section than some "stock" Corvairs  run.  After the convention Phil sold the tires to a VW guy and I bought the wheels, remounted the donuts and now 4 MCCA Corvairs have lighter spares.

Just like Autocross ,a proper course is important for the safety of the Econo Run participants.  You don't want a Corvair Autocrossing at high speeds on stock tires and you don't run an Econorun on freeways and in heavy traffic.

Terry Kalp