<VV> Conventio nlength..

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 11 12:59:44 EDT 2007

The only problem I see there is that the start day of the convention is
usually a slow day, as people usually arrive only just before they
absolutely have to. Also playing against this is that some people are
simply unaware of what some of these meetings and groups are about, but
would attend IF they knew. Hence, there would be meetings that would be
poorly, if at all, attended just for that reason. It's the job of the
convention literature, registration, info board, etc. to inform them of
these meetings' purposes and to promote them to people who could/would be
interested in the various topics.

For these reasons, I proposed  (in another post) that next year's Saturday
be reserved for these activities. That would give the convention
literature, etc. time to inform people of these meetings and groups. And
those who want to leave early to get home wouldn't have to stay for this
"meeting" day or the banquet. Heck, some don't already anyway. Those who
really value the banquet will stay regardless. Does that sound like a
winner? Does to me.

-Mark