<VV> Re: GARAGE IDEAS

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 16:44:39 EDT 2007

Among the features on those Fujitsu mini split heat pumps is a dry mode.
Perfect for keeping humidity down!

In a message dated 8/11/2007 4:29:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
FrankCB at aol.com writes:

Tim,
The real trick to keeping moisture under  control is  to use a hygrometer
that will measure the humidity level  and also to keep the  air moving so
what
you measure is  representative of all the air in the garage  (or house)  In
the
summer, I use a fan to circulate air and the hygrometer  to help set  the
humidistat control on the dehumidifier in my basement.  I   find that
controlling
the relative humidity to BELOW 80% level is the  best  compromise between
consuming expensive electricity (now at 16  cents/kwh) and  letting the
mositure
accumulate.  I find too  many people start by running  the dehumidifier
constantly,
then  finding it costs too much on their electric  bill and then shutting it
off as being too expensive to run at all.
Frank "likes  gauges" Burkhard

In a message dated 8/11/2007  2:59:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,  N2VZD@
aol.com
writes:

i  put  ceiling fans in hoping the humidity condensation problem i had at  my

other place a couple times a year (here in the north  country of record
snow,

temperature swings , etc ) will be  minimized. i thing the  forced air
furnace
and 10 ft  ceilings will help also. after  researching the floor heat etc  a
little bit , i think it would be a  long time to make floor heat  cost
effective.
the trick to keeping  the moisture  condensation under control is keep  the
air
moving.
regards, loving my new shop as i move in, tim    colson