<VV> Re: CPF FUNDing

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 17:16:22 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/11/2007 8:49:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

Which is  exactly what I've done. BUT please note that there is a difference
between  the CPF "General" Fund and the CPF "Endowment" Fund - the former is
a  general financing fund, where money is spent without regard as  to
preserving what's there; while the latter is reserved for only using  the
INTEREST off the principle, thus preserving the base principle  intact.
Donations HAVE to specify which fund, otherwise, the default is to  put
donationations in the general  fund.

-Mark

Mark - I agree on your distinction between the funds. But, as I  see it, if
not specified as endowment, then the CPF board or, I suppose, the  financial
management person acting under the direction of the Board, could  decide where
to put the funds. I know of no rule that specifies putting  contributions into
the general fund - EXCEPT - CPF has no regular source of  funds. There are no
dues for CPF. As far as I know, only donations/contributions  and some
merchandise sales generate operating funds for CPF (that is, as of now,  future
endowment will generate funds - someday). If all current donations were  earmarked
for the endowment, CPF would be paralized. A balanced is needed. -  Seth