<VV> Re: Econo Runs

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 19:37:06 EDT 2007

Hello, All,
     I have to agree with Clark.  Keep the rules as simple as possible.
     This year's Econo Run DID have a time limit.  I finished within 5
minutes of it.  During the run, I passed 3 other competitors and was
passed by one (a non Corvair).  Throughout the run, I was watching the
mirror for unsafe conditions and never saw more than 3-4 cars at a time
stacked-up in the lane behind me.  Most of the time, there was none.
The traffic was never an unsafe condition.  Average speed over the
whole run (including stops at lights, etc.) was 35-40 mph.  Most often
the running speed was significantly higher.
     Modifications?  What modifications?  Except for hub caps
(reinstalled) and tire pressures (higher, but within safe limits), my
car was in the exact same configuration as when I ran the Autocross.
Nothing disconnected, no mods.
     I think the rules are fine the way they are.  The only possible
issues arise from the execution, especially course design.  In this
case, DACC did an excellent job.

Phil Raker
65 Corsa Cpe, 140/4