<VV> Re: CORSA website / Need to scroll? - VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 31, Issue 68

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Mon Aug 13 01:21:19 EDT 2007

NED,

Yes, you are right on the mark.
The Internet is a great tool to promote and attract new members.

But the points the others are bringing up about the web site are valid.
My browser text is set at "medium" and my monitor is a 19" with resolution set at 800 X 600. I use these settings to allow me to easily read web pages as I am also a 60+ bifocal guy as well.

When I access the CORSA site the flash (or "splash page" as I was told this is in school), loads and then automatically clicks over to the main CORSA page in about 14 seconds with a cable hook up.

If you look on the "second page" there is a reference to the "info screen image" and it you click on that it loads the flash page image which contains the properties as 804 width and 604 height which is still a scroll up and down for an 800 X 600 resolution set PC. Remember that scroll bars take up part of this viewable space too. So in order for me to see the text link "CORSA's Home Page" on the bottom of the screen without scrolling down, the flash image may need to be as short as 550 height?

On the subject of PC and web site programming, flash or splash pages are really a programming thing the coders like to do. I used to use them all the time in computer school but in surfing the net, I too find them needless and annoying as all they do is to slow me down from where I wanted to go. Yea, the kids most likely love it, but I can do without it.

Looking at the code, what program are they using at CORSA to do the site? Just curious as I am an old hard coder.