<VV> Re: CORSA website / Need to scroll?

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 13 10:59:28 EDT 2007

See text:

its URL is concerned, anyone with an interest in Corvairs AND even a tiny
bit of internet experience, is just going to type "Corvair" in Google or
whatever and they'll see CORSA and click on the link.  Who types in a URL??

I do, quite often at times. Depends on what site I want to go to, and where
and in what form I got the reference to it.

> I don't like Flash either, especially on the home or welcome page but
again, most internet savvy people know to look for the "skip" button and go
the next page.  I think CORSA's page is fine but it does need to kept up to
date.  I know from personal experience that updating webpages is an easily
neglected chore, but it needs to be done.

My beef with CORSA's flash page is as follows: 1)the skip button is at the
bottom instead of the top of the page. To get to it, I have to scroll down.
2)there's nothing of value there, it's all on the forwarded page. So that
makes it useless fluff. 3)it slows down my accessing the REAL Corsa site,
and that on top of dial-up makes it insufferable. (And nobody better give
me crap about dial-up unless they are willing to pay the high cost it would
take for me to get it here in the techie backwash of the country...... Walk
a mile in my shoes, fella.)

And as a general note, why is there such an all-fired resistance against
suggestions of changing or improving the website? Did, as one post point
out about the rally/econorun rules, Moses bring it down along with the Ten
Commandments? You'd think a suggestion for improvement was tantamount to a
declaration of open war. Who's sacred cow is it goreing, anyway?

> I also think there should be more Corvair info and pictures on the CORSA
site or at least links to pages like corvaircorsa.com or some of the other
good Corvair info pages.  .

> Oh, and there should be a lot less pictures of early models, we don't
want to frighten people away do we??  :)

> mikeH

Good point, even if it IS humorously aimed. In all seriousness I'd hope
that there would be a consious effort to provide representation of ALL
models, and in equal numbers. Right now that early car's pic, while nice
(it's a 4door! - G) is getting a little long in tooth. At the minimum,
there ought to be at least one early AND one late model,  and an FC would
be nice as well.

-Mar