<VV> Econo rules

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 13 15:29:10 EDT 2007

No, but it will get you Fastest Time of the Class! The key is using
proper pressures for the task at hand. Insisting that only "STOCK" tires
are safe in the econorun about like insisting  that only "STOCK" tires
are safe in the autocross. I have not used 4 donuts in the econorun but
I would if I had access to the proper ones. These tires are designed for
the distances and speeds appropriate for an econorun (if you find ones
of the proper size). I personally think 15% is too little extra time to
allow for the econorun but everyone has to live with the same time
constraint. I think there should be official time notations in the
instructions to help keep you on time. It is NOT the goal to disqualify
as many participants as possible!! Just like the autocross, the absolute
mileage is NOT important. Rather, the relative mileage IS important. The
WORST econorun I participated in was Grand Rapids where the econorun was
done "Follow the Leader" style. As a participant I DO NOT want to see
the econorun as a leg of the rally. These are two different events with
different requirements. The most important thing in the econorun is
consistency in the fill up at both ends.

Mike Kost
Previous econorun trophy winner
Multi-time autocross champion