<VV> Towing a lm

Vic Howard vichoward at frontiernet.net
Wed Aug 15 18:29:25 EDT 2007

Darrin,
I used to have the measurements for a bar that you run from where the shock connects  at the bottom on each side of the rear. This means removing the shocks, of course. I used a 2' diameter pipe and drilled holes to line up with those bottom brackets. Also, you need to weld a one foot piece on each end
that goes straight up to maintain a reasonable angle of the wheel as it will want to go in sharply at the top when you put weight on the wheels. I wish I still had the drawings but my computer crashed several times last year and I lost it.  The setup looks something like this:

I know it is crude but it sure works and allows you to at least push the car around or load it on a trailer. Easy to make and bolt up. You just need the measurements of the length of the long bar. Perhaps measuring it before the drivetrain is removed will help.
Sorry I can't help more.
Vic Howard
Fort Mohave, Az
66 Monza, 61 Rampside