<VV> Bad/worn distributor ?

Bob Gilbert traceya at montrose.net
Fri Aug 17 02:21:59 EDT 2007

Check the filter on the end of pickup tube in the gas tank. Do a pressure
and volume test on the pump. The way I do it with no special tools is get
the engine warmed up. Turn engine off.  Disconnect the fuel line to one
carb. Have a fire extingusher handy. Put hose on the fuel line and put the
other end of the line into a proper container. Start the engine and let
idle. If you get good squirts that do not lessen then the fuel delivery
system is good. What I find with a pluged tank filter is a few good squirts
and then a dribble. To eliminate the fuel lines as a problem I hook the line
back to the carb, restart and idle to fill carbs. disconnect the fuel line
at the tank end of thefuel line, plug it. Hook up a hose to the steel line
and have the other end in a container of gas. Do the first test with the
line for a carb going into a container and see if the fuel delivery problem
is still there. If it is, then problem is fowad of the last connection. If
not then look at the filter in the tank.

Bob
PS
Just saw you have an electric pump. Where is it located? The closer th the
tank the better. The test still works, you only have to operate the pump and
watch.

.