<VV> Powerglide ID?

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Sun Aug 19 16:14:51 EDT 2007

I don't have my books in front of me, and it's been a while, so this
might be off.

T 11 25D looks like a build date code, perhaps T-  Tonawanda
                                              11-  November
                                              25-  25th
                                               D-  1964, 4th year of
production

Your VIN, 40969W164015, 40969 denotes the model specs
                         W is for Willow Run
                         1 is for Chevrolet
                        64015 is for the 60,015th Car down the line

An engine and trans assembly built on Nov 25th might sit around for a
week or so,
then go into a chassis. You'd have to know the production numbers for
the entire
year, then divide by the number of weeks of production, then calculate
where the
60,015th car would wind up in those weeks, figuring a fairly constant
daily production
per week. You could have a car built early in December of 1963.

This has all been calculated for Corvette production during this period,
perhaps it
has also been figured for Corvairs.