<VV> Re: (no subject)

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Aug 20 23:54:42 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/10/2007 8:16:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ScottyGrover at aol.com writes:

In a  message dated 8/10/2007 7:41:23 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
bryan at skiblack.com writes:

Gentlemen,

This sounds like a  good alternative.  Bear in  mind that the fan turns
faster  than crank speed in the stock  configuration when setting your
target RPM.  Depending on cost,  I'd be interested in trying one  with
an Otto speed reduction  pulley.

--Bryan

On  Aug 8, 2007, at 8:58 PM, ScottyGrover at aol.com  wrote:

> If the  assembly works out as a  viable alternative, I  could
>  probably modify
> these fans on an exchange  basis.  They値l  have to be re-balanced, too.
> My initial goal would  be to  supply  a fan that works well for an
> electric-motor   installation, which should pump an  ample
> volume of air at  lower  speed, say  about 3000 rpm, constant speed.
>  They  could
> be viable in a higher speed belt  driven setup  too, but  that goal
> could be
> left to a later  development   point.
> Regards,   Mel

Good thought--has anyone tried the Clark's pulley and have any data been
published? Maybe this might be another project for Ken and Frank.

Scotty from Hollyweird