<VV> Re: OK is it true or not ? - VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 31, Issue 101

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 00:50:23 EDT 2007

Yes, it is true, it happened one year at Bayshore's Pocono event.

I was running the tower at the time when we had a yellow flag for a car stopped on the track. Radio communication to the corner workers at that station returned a message that the engine fell out.

I had never heard that before and wondered how the heck can that happen? Going to that corner station revealed that the rear of the engine was in fact hanging down and I thought that maybe the rear mount failed.

If I remember correctly, Chip Wall and Charlie Doerge were there also and they found only the lower nuts had come off. I remember someone came with a 2 x 6 and with a little leverage, Chip & Charlie hoisted the engine back into place and replaced the missing lower nuts.

What looked like a disaster was really a simple fix and a minimal amount of down track time.

Bayshore's 16th Annual Bayshore at Pocono is September 1, 2007 and if you connect Kevin Johnson at 732-577-9133, you may still be able to run the North Course at Pocono in your car.

Roy - Bayshore