<VV>re: Corvair a should-be classic? - Milestone Car Society

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Aug 23 16:46:40 EDT 2007

At 01:07 PM 8/22/2007, Mark Corbin wrote:
>Why should we bother? We can call our cars anything we want to, and it
>won't cost us a dime.

I always simply regarded Corvairs as milestone vehicles.   I never
thought they were "classics" in the true sense, not have I ever
thought they qualify as "antiques" even though there are several here
wearing "antique" plates.

>The CCCA can have their own club.

...they sure do.   And they're quick to let everyone know it.   ;)

>Like WC Fields
>said, I wouldn't belong to any club that would have me as a member. LOL

...I think that was Groucho Marx.

FIelds did once say that if he found a church that didn't belittle
the other churches he'd consider joining it.

...likely at least as apropos as the Groucho comment, IMHO.

tony..