<VV>re: Corvair a should-be classic? - Milestone Car Society

Borrrris at aol.com Borrrris at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 21:20:04 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/22/2007 2:37:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
corvair65 at verizon.net writes:

On  another note for those of us who subscribe to Hemmings Classic Car, is
anyone besides me getting tired of reading David Schultz's column?   He just
goes on and on about the CCCA considers a classic. until I'm sick  of hearing
it.  It's as if nobody else is entitled to call their car  a classic, because
it hasn't been mandated a classic by  CCCA.
Yes; a magazine I tend to devour cover to cover, but find the  snobbism
inherent in this guy's attitude to be out of character with all the  other articles
and features.
I remember thinking that while I enjoy reading the articles about  classes
and types of cars that I have no personal interest in ever owning in  that
magazine - this guy makes it clear that he and the CCCA people  would have no
interest in the "common" cars that fill the rest of the magazine.  Cars that were
built to a price point. Guess what? My house wasn't  built using only the
finest materials and workmanship and  a money-is-no-object budget either; but I
enjoy making it as nice as it can  be. And the fact that mansion dwellers might
scoff at it doesn't make me  any less proud of it. Ditto my Corvair.
  Matt from L.I. ('66 Monza Coupe  110/pg)