<VV> Balancing a solid flywheel.... anyone, anyone...

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 12:39:05 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/25/2007 7:49:33 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

Well-  Not much luck so far finding a machine shop that will even
believe  me when I say the flywheel might need to be  balanced.

Cash,
I suggest that you have the whole engine balanced. But at least, I  reconnend
that the flywheel be balanced WITH the pressure plate, using the crank  you
intend to use. Also although I don't recommend removing metal from the HD
outer ring, it should definitely be on the crank when the whole assembly is
balanced (IMO).
Regards,
Bob Helt