<VV> The Corvair IS a Classic

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 26 16:28:03 EDT 2007

Everybody has their own definition of what constitutes a "classic" design.
Mine is that it "ages" well, in other words, a design that looks fresh even
after many years. The late model Corvair is just such a design, still
looking "new" and "fresh" and "modern" even after fourty-some years.

What eliminates the early model from this is that while it's certainly a
pleasant, even cute, design, it simply shows its age. Not so the late
model. In this respect, few cars are truely "classic" designs.

-Mark

Institute)
> ?chose/declared/voted? the LM Corvair a Classic.
>
> My best guess is I read this in "Machine Design" while I was in Grad
School.