<VV> GAS TANK SEALANT

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 28 03:29:38 EDT 2007

Having just got into my second failed 'sealant over rust' gas tank, I
fully recommend only using sealant, if that is what you think you have
to do, on a clean, rust free tank.  If it is rusty, clean it up first.
Most good radiator shops will do this. Of course, most good radiator
shops can also fix your tank so it is rust, leak, and sealant free.
Sealant Over Rust, in the long run, is just a very bad idea.  If you
want it pretty, take it to a 'tinner' (found in most larger metropoli,
retinning commercial & institutional cookware) after the radiator shop
has fixed it  (tell the tinner it is repaired so he doesn't melt the
solder out of it).

Trying to fix one of these "sealed" tanks where the coating is no longer
permanently bonded to the inside of the tank is a project for the devil.

http://www.macsradiator.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=3
# Gas tank cleaning & restoration
# Gas tank repairing
# Gas tank lining