<VV> odd casting number

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 28 14:26:25 EDT 2007

If that's the listing, it might just be a "first design '66 head" -
actually a '65 head that had the new mold with larger bosses for the
'66-later bolts.

The '65 head is known for its two-size turkey roaster bolts, while
'66-later heads used all one size. That was no doubt because of the need
for larger bolts to hold the a/c high-mount compressor bracket securely. To
do this, larger bosses had to be incorporated in the mold.

-Mark