<VV> Survey says....Limited Corvair

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 29 11:36:16 EDT 2007

Yea, it's the same article, just recycled yet another time. I disagree on
the Pacer and Matador. The Pacer wagon was actually rather attractive, I
thought. The original coupe was a little unusual, only because of all the
glass area. But isn't that why some of us like the late model Corvair
2door? Seems like a parallel there to me.

The Matador wasn't bad in any respect. Unusual, different, but still rather
attractive IMHO. But it and the Pacer and Gremlin were all "love it or hate
it" designs. And that only makes for strong opinions in both directions.
It's the strong negative opinions that this poll has tapped into. I can
think of other cars I'd put on that list instead.

And it's just another recycling of bad Corvair publicity. Note that they
mentioned it being '70's cars, yet the Corvair was a '60's car. The only
thing they mention negative on the Corvair is the heater. As I always said,
the Corvair lets you know when you need maintainence, in a helofa hurry and
in no uncertain terms. The design isn't defective, rather it's the owner
who is. LOL

-Mark

http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html?id=d7ec154d-44d4-45a0-95ef-e0b1e2afb
8aa