<VV> Re: That Building

Bill Chellis chelvis at camano.net
Wed Aug 29 20:24:11 EDT 2007

Speaking of the 1964 New York Worlds Fair:

Having flown in to Detroit for the convention I wondered if there was any
connection to the big Uniroyal tire on I-94 and the US Rubber Ferris wheel
at the 1964 New York Worlds Fair. According to the story in the attached
link they are the same.

I do remember going for a ride on the Ferris wheel while I was at the fair
for a 7TH or 8TH grade class trip.

http://info.detnews.com/history/story/index.cfm?id=198&category=life

Bill Chellis
-------------------------------

> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 8:20:31 -0500
> From: <ricknorris at suddenlink.net>
> Subject: Re: <VV> That Building
> To: Roger Gault <r.gault at sbcglobal.net>, Corvair List
> <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
> I was there and took the tour. That, the Unisphere that still stands and
the West Virginia pavillian is all I remember. The only reason I could
attend is because I was stationed on Long Island in the Air Force.

> Rick Norris
>
> ---- Roger Gault <r.gault at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > GM Futurama Pavilion at the New Your World's Fair.  I can't find a
better
> > picture than this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GENERAL-MOTORS-AT-THE-NEW-YORK-WORLDS-FAIR_W0QQitemZ1701
43239705QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4169QQcmdZViewItem

World's