<VV> Fw: noise in PG

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 30 02:22:32 EDT 2007

I had to do some further testing to help isolate the noise. I think it's in
the Powerglide itself. It goes away if I pop it into neutral.
Just to recap, it's a low droning noise that's only there while I'm creeping
along at like 1 mph. It stops abruptly when the car stops moving. If I let
it roll away from a stop, it's there the instant the car starts moving and
stays exactly the same tone and volume until 2 or 3 mph when it fades away,
or fades into the engine, exhaust, road noise.
If I roll in neutral, no noise.
Does anyone know how a PG works well enough to tell which part might be at
fault? Torque converter? ???

yea, Vairily ... Shaun