<VV> Was:Smokin Loadside ...last june....

bs upnorth1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 22:41:51 EDT 2007

Well, my 61 loadside came off the jacks yesterday. All wheels are on, air pressure adjusted and the headlights work. Still needs a clutch adjustment, but by Tuesday she should be down the road again...

I want to THANK ALL  who offered help on this list. I have learned so much from reading these posts.

In a Nutsell, I have learned how to remove the engine, check the oil  pressure thingy <S> on the bottom, rework the lock mechanisms to cut a groove so the doors close and  lock easier. In addition, I was able to find the original paint scheme online here.The latest venture will be to install new shoulder belts, there is good info already here, more has been recently

You Guys  and Gals are great.

My story would not be complete without the help of the local HEAD OF THE LAKES CORVAIR club, especially Ron Thompson, who has patiently told me to slow down a few hundred times,those who have supplied replacement parts, engine, gaskets and hoots and hollers about my story about ALMOST  reaching 70 mph. Really tho, starting fluid works quick<S>

If you are reading this list, and don't belong to a club, find one!!!  You will find  a wealth of information, suggestions and friendships which make the whole thing stick together  better, even when tempers are pressed.

Thanks again, Be assured, I will have lots more questions!!!

Chaplain Bob