<VV> Winter storage precautions

Borrrris at aol.com Borrrris at aol.com
Sun Feb 4 18:04:56 EST 2007

My car's in "hibernation" in the garage until spring - and I've  been
following with interest several threads here on  minimizing  deterioration during
that time.
Question, and seeking opinions, re  cranking the engine  without starting
occasionally to maintain lubrication.
I understand the crank sits just above the oil sump (but would  prefer not to
deliberately overfill then drain.) If maybe once a month or  so I were to
turn it over a few times without spark as someone suggested here,  would oil get
kicked up anywhere other than to the crank bearings? No oil  pressure would
develop without a running engine anyway, right?, so how many  turns of the
engine would be too many and risk doing more bad than  good.
Thanks.
Novice mechanic Matt from L.I.
('66 Monza coupe 110/PG)