<VV> Winter storage precautions

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 4 21:14:01 EST 2007

But just to be sure, I spray marine fogging oil into the primary carb
throats with the engine running. When blue smoke begins to come our the
tailpipe, I shut the engine off.
This coats not only the machined parts, but also the combustion chambers,
valves etc., where there isn't usually enough of an oil film for long-term
protection and also the exhaust components, which tend to rust out from the
inside during extended storage.
Andy Clark
Camano Island, WA.
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan