<VV> Dash Lights

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Feb 4 22:26:39 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/4/2007 3:40:55 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
burkhard at rochester.rr.com writes:

Bob  -
Hmmmmmmmm.... I'll have to look at the shop manual, but on my 65
Corsa, I *know* that when the IP lights are out, the fuse has blown
and I've got no taillights as well.  I've had an intermittant problem
with that circuit for years such that occasionally it blows -- I'm
always careful to watch the panel lights becuase they serve as such a
good telltale that I've no taillights either.  Once the fuse is
replaced (a 10A one, if I recall, but don't hold me to that), both
resume working cheerfully (until next time).

Jim  Burkhard

Hi Jim,
Of course, if you will check the wiring diagram,you will see that the +12v
for the dash lights is fed thru a panel lights fuse which gets its voltage from
 the light switch and the brake/tail lights fuse. So narurally if the
taillight  fuse blows, there will be no panel or tail lights.

But you see, that isn't the question originally posed and answered by  trying
the brake lights or even the tail light. Checking the tail lights isn't a
sure method because even if the tail lights do work, then the panel light  fuse
could be blown causing the panel lights to be out while the tail lights  work.
So you see the dash lights are sort of on a branch circuit from the tail
lights and protected by the panel light fuse.

Regards,
Bob Helt