<VV> Dash Lights

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 4 22:38:59 EST 2007

Hi Bob...   I only had that experience once that I can recall.  It was about 7 or 8 years ago.  I don't recall which fuse was the culprit.  I had spares with me and replaced with no further blows.  So, not even sure what caused it in the first place.  Actually - that may have been the SAME time that I found the solder inside the fuse to have melted and lost contact with the fuse "element?"  I suspect that the total delay was less than 10 minutes - but it is disconcerting to have no dash lights AND to realize that it also affected the tail lights.

Note to self:  I think I'll check/clean the contact points in the fuse block this spring before I put it back on the road.

Later, JR