<VV> Winter storage precautions

kcvair at netscape.com kcvair at netscape.com
Mon Feb 5 11:06:17 EST 2007

My opinion is and it's shared by others is to properly store the car(full tank of gas, with Sta-bil added) and other precautions if mice may be present.  Let the car set until spring and not start it every month or week as some advise.  My thoughts on that is that it just starts the engine more times on very small amounts of lubrication on moving parts and the less times you do that the better.  I do take mine out occasionally on sunny and dry days (no snow) since I can't resist driving them when I can.  As far as I know, both of my cars have never had engine work done on them except for seals and I know the history for most of their time in existence.  Ken Clark, B'ton, IN