<VV> Windshield Frame

BigD darrenvvagazio at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 17:14:19 EST 2007

I'm going to begin the rust repairs on my '67 Monza Coupe soon and was wondering what are some options for the windshield frame repairs. Mine, like others is rusted Vairly bad. It doesn't seem like there are premade metal patches for the channels even though I see so many rust damaged ones. I would like to keep my metal forming to a minimum. I can get by with Clarks lower windshield repair panel. However for the rest of the frame it would be nice for some L shaped metal pieces to splice in. I don't have a problem with cutting and welding, but I didn't want to invest in one of those shrinker/stretchers to make the pieces.

And does any vendor sell generic metal windshield frame repair pieces? Oh, and what gauge is the sheel metal supposed to be?

Is there a book or webpage that documents this repair? I have found these articals, but don't have these issues:
Late Model Windshield Rust (prevention and lower frame replacement), CCs V6N8 (August 75), 4-5
Repair of Late Model Windshield Rust, CC V6N3 (November / December 83), 12

-Darren
Huntsville, AL
1967 Monza Coupe