<VV> opinion on backup light switches

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Tue Feb 6 21:15:00 EST 2007

Mike has seen the pics on CorvairCenters Forum....

It's just an "L bracket" attached to the stabilizer rod with a "U-bolt" [
medium cable clamp]....Spring loaded Toggle switch...and a 1" x 2" piece of strap
TWISTED 90 deg... bolted by the CLAMP bolt on the shifter!

When the  Shifter twists to engage reverse....the Strap moves into the plane
of the Toggle.....as the Shifter moves back..it moves the Toggle.

If one just gets under the car...and watches...it's very apparent!  I was at
an INSPECTION station [salvaged car] and was told no BU lights..no
certificate....luckily ACE hardware was across the street..otherwise it was another
inspection and another $85!  Great motivation for me!!!

Matt Nall...west coast
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt
lots of info!