<VV> Winter beater driving & question

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Feb 6 22:18:18 EST 2007

First, lubricate the latch mechanism in the door with your favorite
spray.  If you remove the door panel you can apply some grease (white
lithium is good) directly to the now working mechanism.

There is not much plastic in the 63 latch mechanism. Just lots of rust
prone metal parts. Springs that rust in pieces are the hardest to
replace, usually you just R&R the latch with a used unit. Lubricate
before installing.

Frank DuVal