<VV> Engine noise

Bob Gilbert traceya at montrose.net
Wed Feb 7 01:53:20 EST 2007

Howdy folks,

I finally got the engine tore down to find the noise I asked about last
month. The spring for the rear main (out put ) seal got eaten by the
crank and cam gears. A full 1/3 of one of the cam gear teeth is broken
off and many are all chewed up. Even small chunks of spring stuck in the
cam gear. Every time the cam gear went around the broken teeth and
spring parts made noise on the crank gear. Thanks one and all for the
pointers that led to the finding of the noise.

Bob