<VV> Spring change a success!

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Feb 9 17:39:51 EST 2007

Hey guys,
Just a quick note to say we had some technical difficulties this morning...
the battery was DEAD... and to top that off, the electric fuel pump wasn't
getting any juice when the jumper cables were on... after realizing the voltage
regulator didn't have enough power to snap the circuit we went out and got a
battery...

>From there on out it was smooth sailing!

That car is sooooooo rust free.... and we didn't have to pull the axle, just
turned it to the 45 degree angle as it says in the 61 shop manual... the
hardest part was getting those two bolts back up into the bracket that holds the
brake hose.... especially that left side!
He'll be getting new tires on it next week, and getting it aligned, too...

It's got 185-80 13 on it... that's good for the stock size, right? Some clown
was trying to talk him into some 185-70 13 tires, but I didn't think those
were tall enough... was I right? You can certainly see a difference when driving
behind it!

Anyway, Capt. Mike is a real pleasure to be around... we were discussing his
eventual move to Kansas and how he won't have a place there to keep the car...
he'll be heading to Leavenworth, on the "outside".... <snicker>.... I told
him what Cheryl says about her dad when people ask her about her childhood....
<quote> "My Dad didn't go to Viet-Nam, he went to Leavenworth." <quote>.... she
doesn't say anything about him being an MP and being a prison guard... she
can be like that from time to time....

Well, I'm gonna rest a bit... that leg is swollen a bit more than I care to
deal with... but it was worth every bit of it. I hate to say it, but it feels
so good to be able to do something for someone, after all this time I've not
been able to get a lot done and I've had to have so many people help me... that
useless feeling can be a real downer, ya know? I'm knocking at my second year
of being unable to work, and I'm soooo ready for a change.

Thanks for listening... I'm gonna park my big butt in my chair for the rest
of the evening.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Kentucky Corvair
1961 Greenbrier
1963 Greenbrier
1964 700 sedan
1969 Monza coupe