<VV> Re: Surviving '69 Convertibles

Bigwave thebigwave at comcast.net
Sun Feb 11 16:27:02 EST 2007

According to the 1969 Fingertip facts 2003 roster there are 265 Convertibles listed which is 51% of production. (521 produced)
I'm sure a few more are still out there unlisted, but I figure after 38 years most have surfaced, so I'd estimate about 300 or so surviving.
I was lucky enough to buy acquire the last one. Anyway that's an exceptionally high survival rate for a 60's car, but everyone started saving 69's back in the day figuring they would become collectors items.

On the other hand, I have maintain the 1966 Turbo Convertible registry for the last couple of years. There was an estimate 585 produced in the US, with another
est 94 built in Canada giving us an estimated  total of 679. We believe these totals may be on the high side, but regardless, they are higher than the total for 1969 Verts produce. Now survival is a different story. Since there was not a general savings of this model since it was 3 more years before the demise of the Corvair, significantly less survived. We currently have 69 surviving cars on the US registry and Kent has 9 survivors. That gives us a 11.5% survival rate.

 Another rare one would be the 1966 Corsa vert with AC. it is estimated that less than 50 were built (est 46). So how many do you think survived?

Bigwave Dave
1969 Monza vert
1966 Turbo vert