<VV> LM Heater Questions

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Feb 11 22:16:02 EST 2007

The other end of the heater control cable is attached to a belcrank on
the heater housing near the heater motor, over the rear axle assembly.
You access it from under the car. The cable travels in the tunnel pan
area. So, remove the front carpet, front center tunel cover inside the
car, both tunnel pan covers under the car, and did you get a little
round clip with the new cable? After the old one rolls across the garage
floor you may need another. Or it snaps in two from rust. A 1/4"  socket
set is handy too for the 1/4" head sheet metal screws that hold the
cable at the ends. Make sure when routing the new cable that the
emergency brake cable does not saw through it. Or the clutch cable if a
standard shift.

Frank DuVal