Registering, was: <VV> Surviving '69 Convertibles / Registry

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Tue Feb 13 18:08:06 EST 2007

Remind me again the next time a clone is registered. (G)

Consider that not ALL of the cars that were produced would be registered
on a registry. Suppose, for example, I had parted out a '69 convert (and
I have, BTW) and saved all the components, including body and VIN tags.
Then I got a cherry '68 (or maybe an earlier one) convert, and dressed
it out with the '69's stuff. Then registered it. (Note that the parts I
salvaged were not, nor ever will be used like that.) What then?

It could happen. To ANY type car...... A registry is no guarantee!

-Mark