<VV> Aluminum Base - Removing anodizing?

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Feb 14 00:02:39 EST 2007

My experience with trying to polish up the bare aluminum on the wheel well trim on my 65 where the anodozing was gone from the trim being bent showed that the aluminum would not polish up anywhere near as bright as the anodized part.  Same thing with the silver trim on a damaged late dash I have.  You can polish it, but it's nowhere near as bright and shiny as the anodized parts.  I have seen aluminum polished up to a mirror-like shine but I haven't been able to do it with the trim pieces on a Corvair.  Could just be me though...

mikeH