<VV> Wipers LM

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Wed Feb 14 13:14:17 EST 2007

Since Matt mentioned his wipers weren't up to snuff in the snow, it got me
wondering about mine.  I have a 66 Monza and the wipers are really slow.  On
high speed, I used to get 22 strokes per minute on high on a dry windshield.
I took all the linkage apart and cleaned it up as best I could using healthy
doses of PB Blaster and WD 40.  After I finished, it jumped up to about 28
strokes under the same conditions as before.  I still don't think that is
stellar by comparison to today's autos.  I could have a bad motor or a bad
ground.  Or, it could be normal for this car.  Would some of you, with time
to kill, be willing to time your wipers just to have a comparison?

It may sound silly to some of you, but it beats the heck out of shoveling
snow.

Thanks,

Cliff Tibbitts