<VV> Stolen cars, was: Registering

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Wed Feb 14 18:20:47 EST 2007

On that note, I too had a vehicle stolen once. Unfortunately, like the
Corvair, it didn't have the now-universal 17 digit VIN, so it's
untracable thru services like Carfax. A search for any stolen car is
hampered by the conglomeration of 50 state title laws, which also, among
other things, allow salvage vehicle titles to be washed. I see that one
of the things on the new Congress's adgenda is to get a uniform titling
law thru. Maybe once that's done, the stolen and salvage vehicle market
will start drying up.

-Mark