<VV> Stolen cars, was: Registering

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Feb 15 13:22:40 EST 2007

But THAT's the problem. They can't check out the cars. Due to the
conglomeration of 50 state licensing laws, it's easy to wash a salvage
car title and sell it to some unsuspecting sap. Right now, lots of
Katrina-damaged cars are being title-washed and sold in other states,
all to unsuspecting saps. And there is nothing to stop the crooks from
getting away with it, BECAUSE of the conglomeration of state laws. THAT
is exactly what the proposed legislation is aimed to stop. So you better
do a 180 and SUPPORT this legislative effort, and make sure it's written
in a way as to allow you to do what you morally and ethically want to
do. As I said in a previous post, there seems not to be ANY legislator
that has a clue as to car collecting, etc. It's up to US to make sure
that they DO find out, so that the law isn't untentionally damaging to
the car hobby.

-Mark (trying to wake people up)